Saturday, May 12, 2012

Red Seas Under Red Skies Week 3

Hey everyone, and welcome to another Red Seas Under Red Skies Read-Along post. This week the questions were provided by @ohthatashley. I'll be responding to these a bit later than I had planned (summer kids stuff has kept me away from the blog for far longer than even I planned, sorry), but feel free to jump in and reply yourself before my answers are up. Thanks!

1. Locke and Jean's ability to find themselves at the center of a serious mess seems unparalleled. At this point, do you think that Stragos will get the return he expects on his investment in them?

2. Merrain's activities after our boys leave Windward Rock are interesting. What do you think her plans are?

3. Does anyone know why having cats aboard the ship is so important?

4. The word "mutiny" creates a lot of mental pictures. Were you surprised? Why or why not?

5. Ah, the Poison Orchid. So many surprises there, not the least of which were the captain's children. Did you find the young children a natural part of the story?

6. Jean is developing more and more as a character as we get further in to the book. Ezri makes the comment to him that "Out here, the past is a currency, Jerome. Sometimes it's the only one we have." I think several interesting possibilities are coming into play regarding Jean and Ezri. What about you?

7. As we close down this week's reading, the Thorn of Camorr is back! I love it, even with all the conflict.  Several things from their Camorri background have come back up. Do you think we will see more Camorri characters?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for nice weather and summer kid stuff! :D  if it had been a little warmer today, I'd wouldn't have been on the evil interwebs at all.

    arrghh, Merrain, what is that horrible woman up to? i LOVE that Lynch has made such a minor character so aggrivatingly fascinating! 

    and speaking of cool characters, I just adore Ezri! her budding romance with Jean is just adorable, and doesn't he deserve some happiness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for summer!  It's been rainy here for most of the past week, which is a bit annoying.  I want to see the sun!

    I'm loving the book so far.  I was worried that it would suffer from second book syndrome, but it's incredibly amusing and I love the pirates.

    ReplyDelete