So, here we are, part 1 of our Red Seas Under Red Skies Read-Along. It's been a heck of a ride so far, so if you haven't participated and want to see what all the fuss is about, feel free to browse the archives and look at past weeks' posts about The Lies of Locke Lamora and what we thought about it.
I'll keep this short, so let's move right to the questions, shall we?
1. The Sinspire. It looks like our heroes (can they really be called that?) find themselves in search of a way into an unbeatable vault. Do you think they have what it takes to make it happen?
2. Anyone want to guess how they're going to make it happen?
3. It's a little different this time around, with us just being focused on Locke and Jean. Is anyone else missing the rest of the Bastards as much as I am?
4. I love the section where Jean starts to build a new guild of thieves. It really shows just how well trained and tough he is. Do you think the Bastards will end up training others along the way again like Bug?
5. For those of you looking for Sabetha, we still haven't spotted her yet. Anyone else chomping at the bit to see the love of Locke's life?
6. It's early on, but the Bastards are already caught up in plots that they didn't expect. How do you think their new "employer" is going to make use of them (The Archon, that is)?